The New Zealand Parole Board puts public safety at the forefront of every decision it makes.
Parole is the managed release of a prisoner, subject to conditions set by the Board.
Compliance is closely monitored by Community Corrections, and a person can be recalled to prison if their conditions aren't met.
The Board also considers compassionate release applications and imposes conditions for offenders on Extended Supervision Orders.
The Board's latest annual report has been tabled in Parliament
View the annual report here
Decisions of Public Interest
- OCTOBER - Michael Wayne - 03/10/2018
- BROWN - Rangi Rick - 14/09/2018
- MAHIA - David Jackson - 13/09/2018
- TAYLOR - Timothy David - 06/09/2018
- TAYLOR - Luana Roberta - 06/09/2018
- LYNCH - Sharleen Louise - 06/09/2018
- MARSH - Gresham Kirsten Leith - 05/09/2018
- ERICSON - John Frederick - 05/09/2018
- ANDERSON - Ross Adam - 03/09/2018