David Robert Gilmour ROSS - 22/01/2019
Under section 21(2) of the Parole Act 2002
David Robert Gilmour ROSS
Hearing: 22 February 2019
at Rimutaka Prison
Members of the Board:
- Judge A Tompkins – Panel Convenor
- Mr G Crowley
- Mr L Tawera
- Mr M Kilbride
- Mr T Graham (NZPB)
- Mr H Rutherford (Stuff)
DECISION OF THE BOARD
- David Ross was to have appeared before the Board today for first consideration of parole in respect to a 10-year 10-month sentence imposed in November 2013, following a conviction for very substantial fraud offending.
- As a result of the non-parole period which was imposed when sentence was passed Mr Ross’ parole eligibility date was 27 January 2019, and he has a statutory release and sentence end date of 28 June 2024. Mr Kilbride appeared for Mr Ross as counsel and commenced the hearing by advising the Board that he sought a short adjournment so that a newly-proposed parole address could be assessed by Community Corrections.
- The Board notes that there had earlier been proposed an alternative address which was unable to be assessed so, in all the circumstances, a short adjournment to allow the address [withheld] can be properly assessed and a report delivered to Community Corrections.
- In those circumstances, parole is not considered today but Mr Ross will be seen by the Board for consideration of parole at the Board’s sitting during (withheld) March 2019.
Judge A Tompkins