The New Zealand Parole Board puts public safety at the forefront of every decision it makes about prisoners.
Parole is the managed release of a prisoner, subject to conditions set by the Board.
Compliance is closely monitored by Community Corrections, and a person can be recalled to prison if their conditions aren't met.
The Board also imposes conditions for those on extended supervision orders, and considers compassionate release applications.
Public safety is the Board's paramount consideration when making decisions about or in any way relating to the release of a person.
Sir Ron Young has been appointed as the Board's new chairperson.
Read the official announcement here
Decisions of Public Interest
- KNOX - Donella Marie - 23/08/2018
- DEARMAN - Clinton Michael - 15/08/2018
- TAYLOR - Brian Frank - 14/08/2018
- WHAREKURA - John Michael - 10/08/2018
- NEALE - Dionne Liza - 09/08/2018
- TAMANITOAKULA - Kolinio Yabia - 07/08/2018
- HAPUKU - Trent Owen Ngaruhe - 06/08/2018
- KEATES - Jaclyn - 02/08/2018
- WYANT - Annabelle - 02/08/2018